Held at Sipala on 10th April 2017
The delegates who attended Chris Smith's Storytelling workshop thoroughly enjoyed the day and gained new skills to bring to their work as facilitators and coaches.
This is what one of the delegates said afterwards: "This is what one of the delegates said afterwards: "I have already discussed how to integrate the Plot matrix and the understanding/feeling/doing triangle into our course! So application already underway! Was such a deep and valuable set of learnings!"
Whatever a group’s purpose, story-skills can provide a great set of techniques to engage, energise and creatively explore themes, issues and processes with which the group is concerned. Whether in the realm of fact, fiction or fantasy, story-skills allow a group to explore story-sharing, inventing and learning from the stories themselves.
What did the workshop entail?
In this workshop we explored the single story idea – the plot matrix - as an integrative tool for working with story in groups. Using the matrix we investigated how to:
- Create playful icebreakers / story making games
- Build confidence and skill in the telling of stories
- Listen constructively to the stories of others and give feedback
- Create, develop and explore one’s own spontaneous stories
- Evoke stories relevant to a given theme/ group/ situation
- Investigate how stories provide new insights and learningsRead More